IT Support Engineer Job in Dubai UAE
Company : Amazon
Location : Dubai, UAE
Timing : Full time
- Preparation, allocation, and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Warehouse for both internal use and shipment to customers. This includes imaging and setup of devices, troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, thin clients, printers and other end user devices. ITSAs are also responsible for small projects within the Warehouse. This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Warehouse.- Work within a team, coordinating activities and supporting multiple concurrent goals
- Diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems especially in regard to computer imaging including analyzing the problem, identifying the appropriate resources, testing proposed fixes and following up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of knowledge management.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of experience supporting an operating system such as Windows, Macintosh or Linux operating systems
- Proficiency supporting office productivity applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with PC imaging
- Experience with hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with IT Asset management and inventory management