General Accountant Job in Dubai UAE
Company : ASSA ABLOY
Location : Dubai, UAE
Timing : Full time
- Booking Suppliers Invoices and initiating payments.
- Checking authenticity of expense claims / vouchers
- Reconciling Suppliers balances with their statements
- Assuring the timely deduction of Debit Notes/Claims to Suppliers
- Checking of Accounts Receivables & reconciliations
- Checking of Debtors Outstanding report and highlighting the unusual Customers
- Managing Petty Cash and preparing daily cash reports and assuring accurate accounting treatment.
- Preparation documents for Bank Guarantee. LCs, Bank payment and overall Treasury functions.
- Bank entries and good knowledge of Bank Reconciliations.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
- Statutory Corporate Compliance of different group companies
- Preparation VAT workings and submission of VAT returns on Quarterly basis. Preparing and keeping the details required by FTA.
- Hands on knowledge on Corporate Tax.
- Preparation of different audit schedules for the financial audit.
- Preparation of required details for ICV audit.
- Liaise with internal/external audit to provide the required details.
- Handle treasury/banking matters (if any)
- Initiate and involvement in any systems upgrade/implementation, process improvements and best practices to enhance overall accounting operations, work quality and efficiency.
- Preparation of timely monthly management accounts and present to the Finance Manager.
- Coordinating different department managers to improve internal controls and procedures.
- Support in system / ERP implementation.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the FM.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accountancy. Preferred financial qualification (i.e., MBA Finance, ,ACCA, /CA-Intermediate) or any other relevant certification which is internationally recognized.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience preferably from an international organization with a fast-paced work environment. Candidates with experience in Construction industry would be viewed favorably.
- Possess solid hands-on experience in preparing financial/management reports with multiple functional currency and significant intercompany transactions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office especially in Microsoft Excel