Civil Inspector Job in UAE
Company : Parsons
Location : Abu Dhabi, UAE
Timing : Full time
- Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day as directed by the ARE.
- Interface with the public and stake holders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
- Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the other disciplines inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Work together with the surveyors to ensure that the line and grade of the work that is ready for use and the work that has been finished are in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Inform the ARE or the RE of any dubious practices used by the Contractor.
- Any instances where the contractor did not complete the work according to the plans and specifications or with quality workmanship should be reported to the ARE or RE.
- Process the inspection requests and keep track of their progress in your records.
- If the job is done on a day-by-day basis, keep thorough records of all the tasks the contractor completes.
- As instructed by the Assistant Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives, act responsibly and engage in all health and safety discussions on site.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of road/infrastructure construction supervision on major road and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region