Cargo Handling Supervisor Job in Dubai UAE
Company : emirate Group
Location : Dubai, UAE
Timing : Full time
Closing date : 12 Dec 2023
- Create load plans for all flights based on trim and balance or aircraft for maximum utilisation of space within specified time norms without compromising on operational safety standards.
- Give direction to Shift Duty staff for any problems anticipated or faced in order to ensure load plan executed most efficiently.
- Issue claim tracers, conduct surveys and compile discrepancy reports for all claims to minimise Company’s liabilities.
- Supervise acceptance, handling and delivery of import, export and transfer cargo and documents to ensure adherence policies and procedures and facilitate optimum operating efficiency, service and product quality standards.
- Make sure resources are used as efficiently and effectively as possible, and monitor FTE staff OT levels.
- Constantly make sure that pharmaceutical shipments and time and temperature handling adhere to EU GDP (European Union Good Distribution Practice) regulations.
- Oversee the transportation of special loads, mail, couriers, and inbound and outgoing goods. Coordinate requirements with the assigned ground handling agent representatives who are in charge of ramp services.
- Assure and preserve the accuracy of freight product information in Skychain to support extensive service delivery and scheduling needs.
- Compile and organize data from several sources into the right database.
- Create, design, and prepare an extensive range of management information system (MIS) reports using the gathered data.
- Verify that all documentation is raised appropriately and accurately for both pre- and post-flight.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 yrs schooling or equivalent
- Experience of 3+ yrs Logistics/ Cargo Air Cargo
- Ability to demonstrable high level of knowledge and competence in Good Distribution Practice (GDP) acquired through experience and training.
- Ability to collate and analyse various relevant tonnage, revenues and yield and market information data from different sources.
- Ability to work independently based on guidelines provided and guides the Senior Cargo Handling Assistant as applicable.
- Good knowledge in the application of Air Cargo rating rules and regulates Cargo load and planning.
- UAE Driving license (preferable) .