Administrative Assistant Job in Dubai UAE
Company : Zayed University
Location : Abu Dhabi & Dubai, UAE
Timing : Full time
- Point of contact in college for faculty, staff and students of ZU and a variety of other internal and external clients. Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests. Explains programmes and services, advises and assists faculty and staff in relation to college policies and procedures.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations, reports, agendas, background materials and minutes. Maintains files and manages information. Assists in the preparation of teaching and promotional materials as indicated by the supervisor.
- Provides technical and design support in relation to campus and off campus initiatives.
- supports the college outreach program administratively.
- communicates directly on behalf of the supervisor with a variety of offices, businesses, and ministries.
- carries out administrative tasks for the supervisor or any faculty members the supervisor designates. keeps track of teacher and student information, arranges equipment maintenance, and keeps inventories of supplies and equipment. does printing, faxing, and photocopying. keeps an eye on the office budget and expenditure logs upon request.
- independently and on a regular basis interacts with vendors, processing purchases in compliance with university buying policies. keeps an eye on and manages the office budget.
- helps with the upkeep of the college’s physical assets and machinery.
- helps with everyday responsibilities pertaining to students’ affairs as the assistant dean for student affairs.
- Notifies participants of the place and time of meetings and appointments. arranges for equipment, catering, and lodging reservations.
- Must posses a Diploma from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum of 0 -1 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English and Arabic; knowledge of national culture and traditions is highly desired.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute or better, with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other software.