Accountant Job in UAE
Company : Rosewood
Location : Dubai, UAE
Timing : Full time
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Use every computer feature needed to complete the task.
- Ensure that trace files are accurate and that daily, weekly, and monthly traces are sent to DOF.
- Updating and maintaining filing protocols.
- Compile and distribute utility bill invoices to each resident of the residence.
- Keep up the archive and have the ability to get papers when needed.
- Processing hotel utility bills promptly and making sure payments are made prior to the deadline.
- Daily batch verification and submission of accounts payable following posting.
- Daily credit card reconciliation to guarantee that the bank’s PMS posting is in line with it and that the appropriate steps are taken to address any inconsistencies.
- Daily banquet event reviews, including contracts with BEOs and PMS postings.
- Reconcile all gift cards and make sure they are all accounted for.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience: Minimum one year experience as Accountant, preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Education: College degree in Accounting.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.